Bundesliga: Dortmund held to 1-1 draw in Hannover
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — Defending Bundesliga champion Borussia Dortmund lost more ground to Bayern Munich when it conceded a late goal and had to settle for a 1-1 draw at Hannover on Sunday.
Mame Biram Diouf scored in the 86th minute to earn the draw for Hannover, leaving Dortmund trailing Bayern by nine points.
Eintracht Frankfurt had its first loss of the season, losing 2-0 at Borussia Moenchengladbach, while Stuttgart and Bayer Leverkusen drew 2-2 in the day's third match.
Diouf failed to find the empty net less than 10 minutes earlier in the game, but reacted swiftly when given another chance. A deflected free kick was picked up by Didier Ya Konan, who attempted an overhead kick. It misfired but landed kindly for Diouf, who netted from close range.
Dortmund dominated the first half and went ahead in the 26th through Robert Lewandowski, who poked home a low cross from Lukasz Piszczek.
Piszczek hit the post in the 53rd but Hannover began to press harder in the second half and earned the point.
Bayern won its seventh straight in beating Hoffenheim 2-0 on Saturday. Dortmund remained fourth.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M