Burglars shot in southeast Oklahoma City, police said
Oklahoma City police said five people were trying to burglarize a home at the 1500 block of SE 45 when the female homeowner shot one of them, and her friend shot another one.
Police were at two locations in southeast Oklahoma City Friday night investigating reports of a burglary and a shooting.
Police said five people were trying to burglarize a home at the 1500 block of SE 45 when the female homeowner shot one of them with her gun.
A friend of the homeowner, a man, shot another burglar with the homeowner's gun, police report. The burglars fled the scene and went to a house at the 500 block of SE 79, police said.
Both shooting victims were taken to a hospital and were in serious to critical condition, police said.
The homeowner was interviewed by homicide detectives.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion