Burkina Faso beats Ethiopia 4-0 in African Cup
NELSPRUIT, South Africa (AP) — Alain Traore scored two goals to help 10-man Burkina Faso take control of Group C with a 4-0 victory over Ethiopia in the African Cup of Nations.
Goalkeeper Abdoulaye Soulama was sent off with Burkina Faso (1-1-0) leading 1-0 with half an hour remaining for handling the ball outside the area. Ethiopia (0-1-1) was unable to capitalize, and Djakaridja Kone and Jonathan Pitroipa rounded off the scoring for Burkina Faso to put it top of its group with four points.
In the other Group C match, goalkeeper Kennedy Mweene led Zambia (0-0-2) to a 1-1 draw with Nigeria, scoring on a penalty kick in the 85th minute. Emmanuel Emenike scored for Nigeria (0-0-2) in the 57th minute.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 33223Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15512Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9978Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9860Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9472Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8063Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8003Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister