Bus ridership increases in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City officials says bus ridership increased about 5 percent in 2012.
Bus ridership increased about 5 percent in Oklahoma City in 2012.
Metro Transit recorded 2.84 million trips, 133,949 more than in 2011, the Central Oklahoma Transportation and Parking Authority said.
Service improvements on several routes helped contribute to the increase in ridership, said Rick Cain, Oklahoma City's transportation director.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort