Bus ridership increases in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City officials says bus ridership increased about 5 percent in 2012.
Bus ridership increased about 5 percent in Oklahoma City in 2012.
Metro Transit recorded 2.84 million trips, 133,949 more than in 2011, the Central Oklahoma Transportation and Parking Authority said.
Service improvements on several routes helped contribute to the increase in ridership, said Rick Cain, Oklahoma City's transportation director.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in