Business real estate notes for June 30
Embassy Suites at the Will Rogers World Airport has completed a $5.5 million renovation, including updates to its 12,000 square feet of meeting space and ballroom.
Hotel near airport gets face-lift
Embassy Suites Oklahoma City-Will Rogers World Airport, 1815 S Meridian, has completed a $5.5 million renovation “that creates cozy and inviting public spaces, as well as relaxing suites with upscale amenities” and combining “the spirit of Oklahoma with urban comfort,” the company said. The 236-suite hotel has 12,000 square feet of renovated meeting space including a 5,940-square-foot ballroom that can accommodate up to 400 people. The hotel offers on-site catering, audiovisual equipment rental, a 24-hour business center, indoor swimming pool, fitness center, the Atrium Restaurant and The Landing Bar and Grill. Eugene Seyler is general manager.
Cool-n-Save system being tested
Greenway Design Group Inc.'s dealer in Oklahoma City has started a test of a Cool-n-Save system at PepsiCo in Tulsa, the company said. Greenway said the test of Cool-n-Save's effectiveness in saving energy from commercial air conditioning will continue for two weeks, said Darius Jakubik, senior vice president of Greenway, based in Huntington Beach, Calif. Cool-n-Save is an evaporate precooling misting system that helps reduce outdoor heat as it is processed through condensing coils as part of a building air-conditioning system. With the system, Greenway's commercial customers experience between 22 and 33 percent reduction in energy use from air conditioning during peak cooling seasons, Jakubik said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena