Bystander shot in gunfight outside of Oklahoma City club
Arrests have not been made in the early Sunday incident.
A gunfight outside of an Oklahoma City club early Sunday sent one victim to the hospital, police said.
Shots rang out about 2:30 a.m. at 36 Lounge, 3727 Springlake Drive, after a vehicle almost struck a security guard, Master Sgt. Tyara Nash said. The security guard opened fire on the vehicle. Its occupants returned fire, striking a bystander, Nash said.
The victim called police and was taken to Integris Baptist Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening, Nash said.
Police received several calls about rapid gunfire. The shooter or shooters in the vehicle fled.
Arrests have not been made in connection to the incident, Nash said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma