Bystander shot in gunfight outside of Oklahoma City club
Arrests have not been made in the early Sunday incident.
A gunfight outside of an Oklahoma City club early Sunday sent one victim to the hospital, police said.
Shots rang out about 2:30 a.m. at 36 Lounge, 3727 Springlake Drive, after a vehicle almost struck a security guard, Master Sgt. Tyara Nash said. The security guard opened fire on the vehicle. Its occupants returned fire, striking a bystander, Nash said.
The victim called police and was taken to Integris Baptist Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening, Nash said.
Police received several calls about rapid gunfire. The shooter or shooters in the vehicle fled.
Arrests have not been made in connection to the incident, Nash said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena