BYU-Hawaii cancel football games in 2013, '14
HONOLULU (AP) — Hawaii and BYU have canceled two previously scheduled football games because the Warriors need to make room on their schedule for a possible Mountain West Conference championship game.
BYU was scheduled to visit Hawaii next season on Dec. 7, the same date the newly expanded Mountain West will hold its first league championship game.
The schools also announced they were canceling their 2014 meeting in Provo, Utah, as well. They agreed to look at scheduling a future series.
The former Western Athletic Conference rivals played the past two seasons, with BYU winning both games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 46837Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15035Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9615Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8305Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8125Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7398Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7351Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena