No. 25 Brigham Young (2-0) at Utah (1-1), 10 p.m. (ESPN2)
Line: Brigham Young by 4.
Series Record: Utah leads 55-34-4.
WHAT'S AT STAKE
BYU wants to avenge an embarrassing 54-10 loss last year in Provo and prove it belongs in the AP Top 25. As an independent, any loss will bust its BCS dreams. Utah is trying to avoid being tagged third-best team in the state after losing last week in overtime to Utah State, and losing QB Jordan Wynn to a career-ending shoulder injury.
Utah QB (either senior Jon Hays or freshman Travis Wilson) against a sack-happy BYU defense, ranked 10th overall in the country. The Utes reshuffled their offensive line after getting no push for their backs or protection for their quarterback, and the Cougars have a stout defensive line and playmaking LBs in Kyle Van Noy and Spencer Hadley.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Utah: RB John White. When he gains 100 yards rushing, the Utes win. He gashed BYU for 174 yards last season but had only 9 yards on nine first-half carries before getting untracked against the Cougars.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena