California gas prices drop by a half-penny
"I think the worst is in the rearview mirror right now and that between Halloween and Election Day California will be back to where we were before the spike," Cinquegrana said.
Chevron officials did not return calls for comment.
Several lawmakers have called for investigations and hearings to determine whether the price surge was the result of manipulation by oil companies.
Associated Press writer Jason Dearen in San Francisco contributed to this report.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims