Not much to report from the second day of training camp.
* Owner Clay Bennett attended Wednesday’s practice, sitting next to GM Sam Presti. A New York Times publication was at practice to do a photo shoot of Bennett. Not sure when or in which publication the content will be seen but I’ll try to find out more details.
* True to his word, P.J. switched up the lineups Wednesday. Well, for the last bit the media got to see at least. Kevin Durant, Desmond Mason, Joe Smith, Nick Collison and Earl Watson made up the Blue team. Russell Westbrook joined Jeff Green, Damien Wilkins, Chris Wilcox and Johan Petro on the White team.
* P.J. did more teaching today in an attempt to get everyone familiar with the system and how he wants things done. He said Tuesday that things will pick up more in terms of game action and competition either Thursday or Friday.
* Nick Collison said he’s open to starting at center. He noted that if Wilcox starts at power forward he’d be hard pressed to get 30-35 minutes off the bench. So, Collison said, whatever is going to get him more burn he’s cool with.
* It’s rare that players state their personal goals, but Jeff Green said he wants to average “a little over 14″ points per game this season. He averaged 10.5 points last season and said he wants to improve in every statistical category.
* Robert Swift sat out the final 20-25 minutes to ice his knees.
* Derrick Byars and Kyle Weaver were the last two players on the court today. John Lucas left the court last yesterday. So the rookies and training camp invitees are trying to make an impression on the coaching staff or get all the instruction they can while they can.