Campers flock to Oklahoma City's newest Chick-fil-A for free food
The company gives away a one-year supply of Chick-fil-A meals to the first 100 adults in line at each grand opening.
Just more than 100 Chick-fil-A fans prepared to spend a chilly Wednesday outside Oklahoma City's newest location for a shot at winning free meals for a year. The participants traveled from nine states and as far away as Florida, and included a Georgia man who has been to 72 Chick-fil-A grand openings.
The store, at Interstate 40 and MacArthur, opens at 6 a.m. Thursday.
The company gives away a one-year supply of Chick-fil-A meals to the first 100 adults in line at each grand opening. The tradition began in 2003 in Arizona at the company's first stand-alone location. In 10 years, the company has given away more than $18 million in free food at almost 700 grand openings; another $2.5 million worth of meals is expected to be handed out over 102 grand openings this year.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister