Canadian County traffic stop leads to drug, sex crime arrests
Deputies learned about an Oklahoma City residence where minors had apparently been using drugs and having sex.
YUKON — A traffic stop in Canadian County prompted the arrest of one man on complaints of lewd acts with a minor and another man on a marijuana distribution complaint, authorities said.
A Canadian County sheriff's deputy stopped a vehicle near SW 15 and Czech Hall Road early Sunday when the driver failed to signal.
While being questioned, the driver, identified as James Austin Hayes, 20, was arrested after the deputy learned that he allegedly had sex with a 14-year-old girl who was in the car, Undersheriff Chris West wrote in a news release.
While conducting a follow-up investigation, deputies learned about an Oklahoma City residence where minors had apparently been using drugs and having sex, West wrote.
This information allowed deputies to set up a sting involving two underage boys and a 19-year-old man at a Braums in Yukon on Monday.
After conducting a transaction in the restaurant parking lot, Taylor Dean Nollinger was arrested on complaints of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and knowingly concealing drug proceeds, West wrote.
A duffel bag found inside the restaurant reportedly belonging to Nollinger contained individually packaged bundles of marijuana, he said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion