Share “Capitals' Backstrom: no concussion, ready...”

Capitals' Backstrom: no concussion, ready to go

Published on NewsOK Modified: January 11, 2013 at 1:54 pm •  Published: January 11, 2013

ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) — Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom says he doesn't have a concussion and is ready for the start of the truncated NHL season.

Backstrom was back on the ice for an informal skate at the Capitals' facility Friday after visiting a specialist in Michigan.

The team's top center missed 40 games with a concussion last season, and there was concern he had suffered another one last month when he took a hit while playing in Russia during the lockout.

Backstrom said the specialist found "nothing serious" — mainly stiffness in the neck.

He smiled as he said: "No concussion — so we can all be calm."

The Capitals plan to open training camp Sunday, once the players have approved the new collective bargaining agreement.


  1. 1
    Former OSU student convicted of manslaughter in 2009 fatal car crash released on bail; attorney...
  2. 2
    Police find dead body in porta-potty outside Cincinnati Bengals' Paul Brown Stadium
  3. 3
    Several Deer Creek schools on lockdown due to report of suspicious person
  4. 4
    Tulsa mother gets three life sentences, father 25 years in 'horrific' child abuse case
  5. 5
    Man who calls police to say he's 'too high,' found in pile of Doritos
+ show more


× Trending sports Article