Capitals waive veteran defenseman Roman Hamrlik
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Washington Capitals have waived veteran Roman Hamrlik.
The 38-year-old defenseman has played in only four games this season. He is in the final season of a two-year, $7 million contract he signed in the summer of 2011.
The Capitals placed him on waivers Tuesday after signing and recalling defenseman Steve Oleksy from Hershey of the AHL on Monday.
Hamrlik has played for six NHL teams since making his debut with the Tampa Bay Lightning in 1992
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes