Share “Carbon monoxide cited in Kansas hotel...”

Carbon monoxide cited in Kansas hotel incident

Published on NewsOK Modified: December 10, 2012 at 3:21 pm •  Published: December 10, 2012
Advertisement

GREENSBURG, Kan. (AP) — A south-central Kansas hotel has reopened after carbon monoxide exposure sent more than 30 people to a hospital where they were treated and released.

Sunday's incident caused a brief evacuation of the Best Western Inn & Suites in Greensburg.

Kiowa (KEYE'-oh-wuh) County Sheriff Kendal Lothman said Monday that several children had got out of the hotel swimming pool with dilated eyes and difficulty breathing.

Lothman says the children had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide believed to result from a water heater failing to vent properly. Guests were allowed back in their rooms later Sunday, but the pool area remains closed until the problem is fixed.

Hotel manager Ron Wright said Monday he was thankful nobody was seriously hurt.



AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Blumenthal: John Boehner is 'alcoholic,' 'lazy,' 'banal' | Washington Examiner
  2. 2
    Emails: Hillary kept close ties to Clinton Foundation while at State | Washington Examiner
  3. 3
    Radioactive chemical spill occurred last fall at University of Tulsa, officials announce
  4. 4
    Priceline.com reveals top Labor Day, Fall destinations for 2015
  5. 5
    Rep. Jim Bridenstine recognized for leadership on space issues
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending life Article