Carbon monoxide poisoning sends 2 to hospital
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Two residents in Bismarck are recovering at a local hospital following carbon monoxide poisoning at their home.
The Bismarck Fire Department says firefighters were dispatched to a Bismarck home about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday following a report that two residents had become sick from carbon monoxide.
Firefighters treated the two residents before they were transported to a local hospital.
Officials say the carbon monoxide was coming from the boiler for the hot water heater. The boiler had not been burning or venting properly.
The fire department is recommending that building owners have a licensed contractor inspect heating systems regularly.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister