Cardinals place RB Williams on injured reserve
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — The Arizona Cardinals announced Tuesday that they are putting running back Ryan Williams on injured reserve with a left shoulder injury, officially ending his season.
Coach Ken Whisenhunt had said Monday that Williams' injury would put him out for the remainder of the year.
Williams' injury, the result of a hard hit during Thursday night's loss at St. Louis, was another blow to an already struggling running game. Arizona was already without Beanie Wells until at least Thanksgiving weekend because of a severe turf toe injury.
The Cardinals rank 31st out of 32 NFL teams in yards rushing per game at 63.4. Only Oakland's 60.8 is worse.
The team also said it has re-signed cornerback Crezdon Butler, who spent the preseason with the Cardinals until he was released in the team's final roster cuts on Aug. 31.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20967Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17573Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12128Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9194Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8604Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8594Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense