Carl Icahn issues statement
Investor Carl Icahn issued a statement Tuesday praising Chesapeake Energy Corp. CEO Aubrey McClendon.
Activist investor Carl Icahn issued a statement Tuesday praising Chesapeake Energy Corp. CEO Aubrey McClendon, who will retire April 1 from the company he co-founded in 1998.
Videoview all videos
Jan 29Chesapeake Energy Corp. co-founder Aubrey K. McClendon is...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“Aubrey has every right to be proud of the company he has built, the world class team of people at Chesapeake and the collection of assets he has assembled, which in my opinion, are the best portfolio of energy assets in the country. While it is known that some of these assets will be sold by the company in due course, I do not believe that this will in any way effect the ultimate realization of Chesapeake's potential.
I am confident that history will prove that Aubrey has been correct about the value of natural gas in general and the value of Chesapeake in particular.”
Business Photo Galleriesview all
Expanded Chesapeake coverage
Chesapeake coverage on NewsOK:
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims