Carla Hinton: Oklahoman helps produce faith-themed movie
Oklahoma City native Kevin McAfee helped produce “Last Ounce of Courage,” a faith-themed movie set for release nationwide on Friday, Sept. 14.
An Oklahoma City native helped produce a new movie that emphasizes the importance of faith, family and freedom in a way he is sure will resonate with many people.
Kevin McAfee, a graduate of Putnam City West High School and University of Oklahoma, said he is proud of his connection to “Last Ounce of Courage” and excited about Veritas Entertainment's scheduled release for the feature-length film Friday in theaters nationwide.
Because military themes run throughout the movie, the film will be shown on Tuesday as part of what McAfee called “Patriot Day special showings” at theaters near military bases and communities. At press time, at least eight theaters in the metro area are scheduled to show the film Tuesday. Patriot Day marks the anniversary of 9/11.
“Last Ounce of Courage” shares the story of small-town mayor and decorated combat veteran Bob Revere who is grieving over the loss of a family member. Actors Marshall Teague, who stars as Bob Revere; Jennifer O'Neill as his wife, Dottie; and Hunter Gomez as their grandson Christian Revere, portray the film's central characters.
Darrel Campbell wrote the screenplay and directed the film with McAfee. He said the story is an intergenerational tale that asks a compelling question: How does one make sense of the sacrifice made by American military heroes who die for their country?
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M