Carlos Delfino helps Rockets beat Hornets, 97-90
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Carlos Delfino scored 20 points to lead the Houston Rockets to a 97-90 preseason victory over the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday night.
Houston (4-2) trailed 45-43 at halftime, but hit six of its first eight shots from the field in the third quarter to take control with a 17-4 run.
Chandler Parsons added 18 points, and Kevin Martin and rookie Terrence Jones had 15 each for the Rockets. Jeremy Lin had two points on 1-of-8 shooting and added five assists.
Delfino and Chandler Parsons each made four 3-pointers.
Ryan Anderson led New Orleans (3-4) with 23 points, hitting 5 of 7 3-pointers. No. 1 overall draft pick Anthony Davis had 13 points, eight rebounds and three blocked shots, and Greivis Vasquez scored 11 points.
Jones started in place of an injured Patrick Patterson for Houston. The Hornets played without Eric Gordon, Austin Rivers and Jason Smith.
Both teams close out the preseason Friday night. New Orleans will be at Miami, and Houston at Orlando.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers