Carnegie Museums receive $1 M grant
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh have received a $1 million grant to upgrade technology and improve multi-media presentations in galleries.
The museums say in a release Wednesday that the grant came from the Carnegie Corp. of New York.
The one-year initiative will expand networks at the Carnegie Museum of Art, the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, the Carnegie Science Center, and the Andy Warhol Museum.
A total of 1.3 million people viewed exhibitions and special events through the museums in 2011.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims