Carrie Coppernoll: Week's headlines are too much to handle
Oklahoma has gone insane. The headlines this week have included a bestiality arrest, a nearly-naked woman at the airport and a philandering senator. OK, maybe the philandering senator isn't that weird.
Some days I wonder what on earth is going on. I look around and wonder if everyone has gone mad.
This week, I'm pretty sure Oklahoma has gone mad.
Monday â€” when a 30-acre fire burned near downtown â€” was the calmest day.
On Tuesday, a woman named Tammy Banovac went through the security line at Will Rogers World Airport in only her bra and panties to avoid the humiliation of a pat down, which would have totally violated her privacy. And, because that isn't enough, it turns out her resume includes a revoked dental license and a spread in Playboy Magazine.
That same day, police arrested a Bethany couple after discovering bestiality videos and other horrors at their home.
The next day, an affair between a state senator and a lobbyist puts into question a $10-
Then, a man convicted of murdering a sheriff nine years ago is moved to lockdown after prison officials discover he's been using a contraband cell phone to access Facebook.
Who wants to post pictures of themselves in prison? The caption was probably: N JAIL. LOL.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive