Cartwright man dies on Bryan County road
Charles D. Sands, 58, of Cartwright, suffered a suspected heart attack before crashing his pickup Monday evening, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
Oklahoman dies on state road
MEAD — A Cartwright man suffered a suspected heart attack before crashing his pickup Monday evening, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. About 6 p.m., Charles D. Sands, 58, was driving south on a Bryan County road, just south of Mead, when he suffered a heart attack and the pickup left the road, went out of control and crashed through two fences before striking a trailer home, according to the patrol report. Sands died at the scene, troopers said. He was wearing a seat belt.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims