Catholic basketball teams from Oklahoma hold tournament for charity
Catholic high school boys and girls players gathered items for Catholic Charities as part of the “Hoops 4 Hope” basketball tournament featuring the Bishop McGuinness, Mount St. Mary, Cascia Hall and Bishop Kelley teams.
Boys and girls basketball players from four Catholic high schools in Oklahoma helped gather donated items for charity as part of the 2013 “Hoops 4 Hope” basketball tournament.
The event includes boys and girls teams from Bishop Kelley, Cascia Hall, Mount St. Mary and Bishop McGuinness, and brought together their supporters Friday.
Teams arrived at Mount St. Mary on Friday for Mass at nearby Sacred Heart Catholic Church. After Mass, the basketball players gathered in front of the church to load items donated to Catholic Charities on Catholic Charities vehicles.
“Hoops 4 Hope” is an annual basketball tournament held to raise awareness about Catholic Charities and to encourage support for the faith-based organization.
The basketball tournament featuring the high school's teams is set to continue at 11 a.m. Saturday at Mount St. Mary, 2801 S Shartel.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister