Cavaliers beat Clippers 108-101 to end 2-game skid
Crawford hit another 3-pointer to get the Clippers within three they got outscored 6-2 in the final 52 seconds. Griffin was called for two consecutive traveling turnovers in the closing minutes.
"There's not going to be a game where a team's not gunning for us, so we have to have the mindset that everybody's coming for us and we have to be coming for them even harder," Griffin said.
Waiters scored 12 of Cleveland's first 14 points to open the third, when they led by 13 early on only to see the Clippers cut it to six points going into the fourth. The Clippers shot 57 percent from the floor and regained a 16-10 edge in the paint to close within striking distance.
"When you have somebody going like that you just sit back and watch," Irving said about Waiters.
Cleveland's momentum carried into the second quarter when it outscored the Clippers 26-22 to lead 57-50 at the break, with Varejao's driving layup just beating the halftime buzzer. Irving had 16 points in the half to eight by Paul, whose team had 13 turnovers in the first two quarters.
The Cavs missed their first four shots of the game while falling behind by seven. They got going near the end of the first quarter, with consecutive 3-pointers by Daniel Gibson and Irving to take their first lead of the game.
Notes: Zeller left the court with 5:39 to play after taking an elbow to his left cheekbone under his eye. He was being examined after the game and Scott said the team would know more on Tuesday. ... Crawford had led the Clippers in scoring in each of their first three games. ... Paul had nine assists, ending his run of three straight points-assists double-doubles. ... The Clippers have sold out their first three home games, extending their streak of consecutive sellouts to 53. ... The Cavs won the teams' only meeting last season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M