Cavs G Daniel Gibson out with head injury
CLEVELAND (AP) — Cavaliers guard Daniel Gibson has left the game against the Atlanta Hawks with a head injury and will not return.
Gibson was injured in the second quarter Friday night after being struck in the head and was down on the court for several minutes. He was hit by Atlanta's Anthony Morrow, who swung his arm around as the two players headed downcourt. Gibson was tended to by trainer Max Benton as all of Cleveland's players left the bench area to check on him.
Gibson, who scored two points in 6 minutes, walked to the locker room under his own power. The Cavaliers announced Gibson was still being evaluated and would miss the remainder of the game.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister