Celek's big leap highlights breakout for Eagles TE
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Brent Celek had already turned a short pass into a long gain when he decided to imitate an Olympic-style hurdler and avoid the hard-hitting Ed Reed.
Celek, a 6-foot-4, 255-pound tight end, jumped completely over Reed, the Ravens' star safety, and racked up a few more yards to complete a 24-yard catch-and-run in the third quarter of Philadelphia's 24-23 comeback win against Baltimore last Sunday.
What made Celek's leap even more impressive is the fact Reed stayed high instead of going low to make the tackle. Yet, Celek made Reed miss entirely.
"That is some tremendous elevation by Brent Celek," color analyst Dan Dierdorf said on the game broadcast on CBS. "I guarantee you Ed Reed is amazed he came up with nothing but air."
The replay of Celek's hurdle became an instant hit on all the highlight reels. But the low-key Celek remains unfazed.
"I don't watch SportsCenter or anything so I haven't seen it," Celek said. "It was all right."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say