Celtic eases to 2-0 victory over Dundee in SPL
GLASGOW, Scotland (AP) — Gary Hooper and Victor Wanyama gave Celtic a comfortable 2-0 victory over bottom-place Dundee on Saturday to revive the side's Scottish title defense.
After Robert Douglas saved Scott Brown's penalty in the 38th minute, the former Celtic goalkeeper was beaten just before the break by Hooper.
Wanyama fired in from distance four minutes into the second half to ease manager Neil Lennon's concerns after the champions had dropped seven points in their first five games.
Celtic is third in the Scottish Premier League, a point behind leader Motherwell, which is at Aberdeen on Sunday, and Hibernian, which was held to a 2-2 draw by Inverness on Saturday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10625Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9988Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9782Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6778Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4215Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4087Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates