Celtic signs Australia midfielder Rogic
GLASGOW, Scotland (AP) — Scottish champion Celtic has signed Australia midfielder Tom Rogic on a four-and-a-half-year deal subject to him receiving a work visa.
The 20-year-old Rogic joins the Glasgow club from A-League side Central Coast Mariners, where he scored five goals in 24 appearances.
Celtic has confirmed it will apply for a work permit this week.
Rogic, who is of Serbian descent, has made four appearances for Australia. He has also represented his national side at futsal, scoring six times at the 2010 Asian futsal championship.
Celtic, which leads the Scottish Premier League, has qualified for the Champions League round of 16, where it will face Italian champ Juventus.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13287Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12869OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11351Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10099Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8083Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5913Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5414Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers