The Oklahoma City Zoo is pushing prices way back during their annual Way Back Wednesdays. Enjoy $1 admission, concessions and activities every Wednesday in July and August. Children two and under are free. July 17 marks the Zoo’s annual Sales Tax Appreciation Day, where all visitors receive FREE admission.
Take a ride on the wild side at the International Finals Youth Rodeo at the Heart of Oklahoma Exposition Center in Shawnee, July 7-12. The action is non-stop at IFYR with 10 events and 11 performances by youth from across the United States competing in barrel racing, bull riding, calf roping and much more.
The World's best return to Oklahoma City July 11-14 when USA, Japan, Australia, Canada and Puerto Rico meet up for the eighth World Cup of Softball at ASA Hall of Fame Complex in Oklahoma City.
Cimarron Opera in Norman presents their Summer Operetta - Gilbert & Sullivan's “Ruddigore”, a melodrama about a witch's curse, a hidden identity and a gallery of ghosts who come to life to exact their vengeance on the unhappy mortal in their power. Show is July 12-14 with various performance times.
Celebrate Eskimo Joe’s 38th Anniversary July 15-21 in Stillwater. Don’t miss the week-long, legendary bash known for its concerts, giveaways and great specials on food and drinks.
Visitors to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City can expect a few added treats on July 27 as they celebrate the National Day of the American Cowboy from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Enjoy the introduction of Miss Rodeo Oklahoma contestants and announcement of the queen and court.
Check out many free outdoor concert series’ happening all over central Oklahoma throughout the summer including:
- Summer Breeze at Lions Park in Norman – 7:30 p.m. on various Sunday nights
- Sunday Twilight Concert Series at Myriad Botanical Gardens – 7:30 p.m. on Sunday nights
- Yukon’s Concerts in the Park at Chisholm Trail Park – 7 p.m. on Thursday nights
- Midwest City Summer Concerts at Joe B. Barnes Regional Park – 7 p.m. on Thursday nights
- Edmond’s Concerts in the Park at Hafer Park Stage – 6:30 p.m. on Thursday nights
- Lower Bricktown Live at Lower Bricktown Plaza in OKC – 8 p.m. on Friday nights
For more information on these events or to request literature on Central Oklahoma Frontier Country, get coupons and see a full calendar of events, visit oktourism.com or call 405-232-6552.