UPDATE: Hail reported in Canadian County as rain chances continue Friday, Saturday in central Oklahoma
Chances for rain continue this weekend. There is a 50 percent chance of rain in central Oklahoma Saturday.
6:20 a.m. Hail has been reported in Mustang and Union City areas of Canadian County. Storms continue to be possible across the central Oklahoma area Friday and Saturday, the National Weather Service reports.
5 a.m. Chances for rain continue in central Oklahoma, the National Weather Service reports.
There is a 30 percent chance for rain Friday night. Chances increase to 50 percent Saturday.
The Oklahoma City forecast is as follows:
Friday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7 a.m. Mostly cloudy with a high near 52. North, northeast wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Friday night: A 30 percent chance of showers after 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy with a low around 40. Northeast wind around 8 mph.
Saturday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy with a high near 50. East, northeast wind 7 to 10 mph.
Saturday night: A chance of rain showers before 1 a.m. then a slight chance of snow. Cloudy then gradually becoming partly cloudy with a low around 31. East, northeast wind 13 to 16 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with a high near 45. North, northwest wind 14 to 20 mph with gusts as high as 28 mph.
Sunday night: Mostly cloudy with a low around 29.
Monday: Partly sunny with a high near 46.
Monday night: Mostly cloudy with a low around 32.
Tuesday: Partly sunny with a high near 50.
Tuesday night: Partly cloudy with a low around 34.
Wednesday: Partly sunny with a high near 59.
Wednesday night: Partly cloudy with a low around 43.
Thursday: A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy with a high near 55.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena