Changes in store for striking union workers at Hostess Brands
Way to go, union workers at Hostess! You showed that terrible company who's boss! Of course, you're out of a job. No problem. Another company will buy up the rights to produce Hostess products and they must hire you. Wait, they already have bakeries and employees and your reputation of putting a company out of business won't put you at the top of their hiring lists.
NewsOK Related Articles
Again, no problem. You're a union and you got Barack Obama re-elected so he'll extend your unemployment benefits as long as you want them. Wait, he can't do that. Congress could but the country is broke. Once again, no problem. You can just retire. Wait, there's no pension since there's no Hostess. No problem! The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. will take over your pension. Wait, they're technically broke, too — with more liabilities than assets.
Well, good luck anyway. Your strike was a huge success!
Dennis Miller, Edmond
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims