Charge your device anywhere you are
Portable travel chargers give your gadgets extra power when you aren't near a power source and can't plug them in to recharge. Get App-y looks at a couple of them.
Whenever I leave town these days, I now include an assortment of electronic gadgets and corresponding chargers on my packing list.
It seems that list has gotten exponentially more complicated as devices multiply within families: Parents and their children carry some combination of mobile phones, iPods, cameras, tablets, electronic readers and gaming devices. All require their own chargers; many come with headphones.
If you're willing, I have one more device to add to your list of gadgets to manage — a portable travel charger. I have tried out Fatcat's PowerBar and a 2011 version of New Trent's super external battery and found them to be very helpful on days when I know I will be away from a power source for an extended period of time.
Most recently, the people of Fatcat asked me to try out their PowerBar 4200mAh Travel Charger. I took this one to a football game, knowing I would be draining my battery by using my phone extensively that day.
The PowerBar, which costs about $60 to $70, is small and works with most devices. I liked the fact it came in its own pouch, with a single cord and multiple attachments. It fit easily into my purse and I charged it before the game using a computer's USB port.
To use the PowerBar to charge a gadget or to recharge itself, you have to find the right configuration of tips and cords, a relatively easy puzzle.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort