Charges against Blanchard man accused in wife's death to be amended
Justin Adams is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the death of Jaymie Adams, 25, whose body was found Jan. 7, 2012, and her unborn child. Oklahoma County's top prosecutor said he will amend murder charges against Justin Adams in the case.
Videoview all videos
Jan 22Justin Adams is charged with two counts of first-degree...
Photoview all photos
Box said he believes the charges against Adams could be reduced to second-degree murder or manslaughter.
“They're stretching things,” he said of prosecutors. “They filed charges based on erroneous information.”
Prater could not be reached for comment Tuesday. The lead prosecutor in the case declined to comment.
Justin Adams reported his wife missing in the early hours of Dec. 10, 2011. He told investigators that he and his wife were “swingers,” who both actively used Craigslist to solicit men for sex.
He also said Jaymie Adams was a working prostitute who was meeting clients the night she disappeared.
The defense attorney said prosecutors are trying to link Adams to the murders by allowing his wife to be on Craigslist, that by doing so “he contributed to her death.”
Since Adams was charged, a judge has postponed his preliminary hearing three times to give prosecutors more time to investigate.
In July, Special Judge D. Fred Doak allowed bail for Adams, a rare move for a defendant facing first-degree murder charges.
Doak agreed to set bail at $100,000 and Adams was released from jail a day later.
In October, after postponing Adams' preliminary hearing a second time, the judge signed an order removing Adams' court-ordered ankle monitor.
It was another possible indication that authorities believe someone else committed the crime.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 60552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32931Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31925Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 12639Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8214Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5947Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3659Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman