Charges dropped against D-backs announcer

Published on NewsOK Modified: March 25, 2014 at 3:38 pm •  Published: March 25, 2014
Advertisement
;

PHOENIX (AP) — Charges accusing a now-former announcer for the Arizona Diamondbacks of threatening his wife with a knife during an argument at their home have been dismissed.

Spanish-language announcer Miguel Perez Quintana was arrested July 15 and later charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and criminal damage.

Maricopa County Superior Court records say a judge dismissed the charges against the 53-year-old Quintana on March 11 at prosecutors' request.

County Attorney's Office spokesman Jerry Cobb says prosecutors couldn't get witness and victim cooperation needed to prove the case.

Quintana had pleaded not guilty, and court records indicate he rejected at least one plea offer.

The Diamondbacks had suspended Quintana pending resolution of the case. The team said Tuesday it had already replaced him on its broadcast crew because of timing considerations.



Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    KFOR: One of the dogs left behind 'because they needed to be bathed' has died
  2. 2
    KFOR: Class action lawsuit filed against Norman Regional Hospital
  3. 3
    KOCO: OHP concerned about rise in road rage incidents
  4. 4
    Baylor's Shawn Oakman not impressed by OU's win over Alabama in Sugar Bowl
  5. 5
    Dez Bryant, three Sooners in NFL trade value top 50 (so far)
+ show more