Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
•To the Phoenix weather. Highs in the 50s and 60s. Perfect weather, for football or otherwise.
Cheers & Jeers: Perfect football weather in Arizona; Bowl announcing teams
Cheers•To the OSU-Big Ten matchup and the OU-Big East matchup. Indiana will be just the 12th Cowboy game against the Big Ten; OSU is 2-8-1. West Virginia will be the 22nd OU game against teams now in the Big East, though most were played before the Big East formed. The Sooners are 18-2-1 against the schools now in the Big East.
NewsOK Related Articles
Jeers•To the television announcing teams for the Phoenix bowls. Fiesta: Matt Vasgerian, Pat Haden and Terry Donahue; Insight: Bob Papa, Sterling Sharpe, Mike Mayock and Kim Jones. Not exactly Keith Jackson and Frank Broyles. Hey, guys, just keep the references to the NFL few and far between. •To the pastel yellow blazers worn by the Fiesta and Insight bowl committee members. It's gotten so bad, anyone wearing a sportcoat is automatically labeled a bowl guy. I wore a navy blue blazer Wednesday, and a West Virginia writer assumed I was part of the Fiesta Bowl.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12798Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12779Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12087OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10010Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8450Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6619Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6098Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated