Cheevers Cafe has 'bloomed' with contemporary comfort food
Bought in 2000 by the current owners, this and every building bought by them since was built in the early 1900s. I guess you could call the owners admirers of historic buildings. Cheevers has always had a relaxed and laid-back atmosphere. The service is always fun and the food is incredible.
What is the history of Cheevers Cafe? Bought in 2000 by the current owners, this and every building bought by them since was built in the early 1900s. I guess you could call the owners admirers of historic buildings. This was the first place they bought. Another interesting thing about Cheevers is that it used to be a flower shop and now the wine is keep in the original flower cooler.
11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday
11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday
5 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday
10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday
What makes Cheevers so special? What niche or audience to you tend to cater to? Cheevers has always had a relaxed and laid-back atmosphere. The service is always fun and the food is incredible. We classify ourselves as contemporary comfort food; we are a mix between American and Southwest cuisines.
The staff goes out with a smile on their faces everyday and it's not because they have to, but because they really enjoy it. We do not have a lot of turnover here and I think that really shows something. The surrounding neighborhoods are supportive and quite a few of our patrons come from the surrounding business community for lunch. 90 percent of our lunch guests are for business lunches.
What is the most popular menu item and why do you feel it is the most popular? Our specially seasoned chicken fried steak with jalapeno cream gravy and garlic red-skinned mashed potatoes is definitely a crowd pleaser and many of our diners eat here for it alone. The halibut is a staff favorite and we often recommend it to guests. These are two of the most popular items our menu simply because the flavors and texture are so unique and enjoyable that they are hard to resist.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers