Chesapeake among at least 6 energy companies searching for new CEO
A wave of shareholder rebellions and executive retirements that’s left at least six North American oil and gas companies searching for chief executive officers is leading toward a bidding war for the industry’s best leaders, Bloomberg News reports.
Oklahoma City-based Cheseapeake Energy Corp. is among the companies in search of a new chief executive to replace co-founder Aubrey McClendon, who is leaving the company in less than a month.
The growing competition for CEOs among companies including Occidental Petroleum Corp. and Marathon Oil Corp. may drive up salaries in executive suites as boards attempt to woo away proven talent and retain their own manager bench.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort