Chesapeake shares improved Thursday
Chesapeake Energy Corp.'s stock rebounded Thursday, closing up 45 cents, or 2.7 percent, to $17.19 a share.
Chesapeake's stock dropped to its lowest level in three years Wednesday after reporting lower-than-expected earnings and news that CEO Aubrey McClendon had operated a hedge fund inside the company.
Videoview all videos
May 1Aubrey McClendon will continue to serve as Chesapeake...
Apr 18Reuters reported Chesapeake founder and CEO Aubrey...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
On Thursday, Bernstein upgraded the stock from underperform to outperform, expecting the company's current issues to be resolved.
The stock closed Wednesday at $16.74 a share, down $2.86. The drop erased $1.8 billion from the company's value.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
Expanded Chesapeake coverage
Chesapeake coverage on NewsOK:
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad