Chesapeake to match donations to food bank
Chesapeake Energy Corp. will match donations to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma through Jan. 15, committing up to $1 million to help fight hunger.
Chesapeake to match food bank donations
Videoview all videos
Dec 1190,000 Oklahomans are fed through the Regional Food Bank...
Nov 16During the 2012-13 Oklahoma City Thunder season,...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Chesapeake Energy Corp. has pledged to match up to $1 million in donations to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
It is the third year in a row Chesapeake has offered to bolster efforts to fight hunger in central and western Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma City-based oil and natural gas company will match donations made to the food bank through Jan. 15.
“Chesapeake is honored to support the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma in their efforts to feed the more than 675,000 citizens who are at risk of going hungry in our state,” CEO Aubrey K. McClendon said. “As a top five state in the nation for food insecurity, the need for food assistance in Oklahoma is greater than ever and we feel compelled once again to do our part by offering a matching gift of $1 million in support of ongoing hunger relief in Oklahoma.
“We hope others will also give generously to support this very worthy cause.”
To donate to the Regional Food Bank, call 604-7111 or go online to www.regionalfoodbank.org.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M