Chester sheriff says dog is poisoned
CHESTER, S.C. (AP) — Chester County Sheriff Alex Underwood says someone has poisoned his German shepherd.
Underwood says the 19-month-old dog, A.J., died early Monday.
The county's first African-American sheriff says the dog was being trained to become a K-9 with the department.
Underwood thinks someone poisoned the dog during the weekend. He says he left the dog in the yard during Chester's Martin Luther King parade. He says shortly after he returned, the dog began acting oddly and died early Monday morning.
The sheriff says there are possible suspects but he would not elaborate.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater