Chicago-based tech company Belly to add 150 jobs
CHICAGO (AP) — A Chicago-based technology company that manages a digital customer rewards program will create 150 jobs within the next year.
Belly Inc. announced its expansion during a visit Thursday from Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
Emanuel says the company is the perfect example of the thriving technology companies he's hoping to attract to Chicago. He says such firms bring bright young people to the city.
Belly's rewards program has partnerships with 4,500 businesses across the country.
Customers can either use a physical card or a mobile application to earn redeemable points.
The company is celebrating a milestone this week after enlisting its 1 millionth member.
Emanuel has emphasized the creation of technology-related jobs. He says 50 Chicago tech companies have pledged to create new jobs since he took office.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister