Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Copyright ©2010. The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Clarification: Chicago Public Schools story
CHICAGO (AP) — In a story Oct. 11 about the Chicago Public Schools chief stepping down, The Associated Press should have attributed statements by Mayor Rahm Emanuel to the Chicago Sun-Times, which first reported the resignation.The newspaper quoted Emanuel saying that Jean-Claude Brizard's resignation was by "mutual agreement" and that the two had spoken about it in "two to three separate conversations."
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims