Chickasaws open welcome center, chocolate store
The Chickasaw Nation has opened a new welcome center and Bedré chocolate retail store.
Works by American Indian artists and Made in Oklahoma products will be featured. The center also will include a lounge area, vending machines, an outdoor children's playground, a dog park and public restrooms.
Free coffee for all visitors is available as well as ample parking to accommodate campers and trailers.
The Chickasaw Nation Welcome Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. November through February and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. March through October. Travel information and brochures for destinations throughout Oklahoma will be available 24 hours per day.
Next door to the new Welcome Center is a 34,600 square-foot Bedré Fine Chocolates manufacturing facility, which is expected to open in the spring of 2013. Anoatubby said the facility will offer visitors an up-close, chocolate experience and event space for groups.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims