Chiefs waive DB Thorpe, re-sign OL Mattison
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Chiefs waived Neiko Thorpe on Monday and re-signed offensive lineman Bryan Mattison, who had been waived just last week to make room for the rookie defensive back.
The Chiefs wanted Thorpe available to help on special teams and provide some help in the defensive backfield in Sunday's 9-6 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. They waived Mattison, who has played 15 games over two seasons in St. Louis and Baltimore, to clear roster space for him.
Injured backup defensive back Jalil Brown is expected back at practice this week, and the Chiefs brought back Mattison to provide depth along the offensive line.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction