Child abuse negatively affects society
Mothers, fathers, siblings, guardians and sitters abuse children for many reasons. These children are affected psychologically, physically and mentally, and they have an uncertain future.
A report of child abuse is made every 10 seconds, according to Childhelp, a national nonprofit dedicated to helping abused and neglected children.Children who suffer abuse can be affected negatively in many ways, said Dr. Bushra Aziz, a child psychiatrist at OU Health Sciences Center.
NewsOK Related Articles
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater