Child drowns at Waurika Lake
James Traywick Wyler, 3, of Ryan, OK, drowned Saturday in Waurika Lake at Chisholm Camp Grounds swimming beach in Jefferson County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
A child died after he was found early Saturday morning in Waurika Lake, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
James Traywick Wyler, 3, of Ryan, left the tent about 12:30 a.m. Saturday at Chisholm Camp Grounds in Jefferson County and wandered about 100 yards to the lake. Wyler was found in 10 to 18 inches of water, troopers said.
He was pronounced dead at Jefferson County Hospital. He was not wearing a life vest, troopers said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?