Chizik: Auburn C Dismukes back from suspension
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Auburn coach Gene Chizik said fullback Jay Prosch and suspended center Reese Dismukes will play in Saturday's game at Mississippi State.
Chizik suspended Dismukes following the sophomore's arrest on a public intoxication charge a week before the opener against Clemson. He said Tuesday that he hadn't decided if Dismukes would return to the starting lineup.
"We're going to wait and see how the week unfolds and we'll make a determination later in the week," Chizik said.
Prosch started the opener and returned to school on Tuesday, a day after his mother, Iris, passed away after a battle with cancer. Chizik said the 260-pound lead blocker will attend her funeral Thursday and play in the game.
Their presence will be a big asset for the Tigers against a sturdy Bulldogs defensive line anchored by 300-pound tackle Josh Boyd.
Sophomore Tunde Fariyike started in Dismukes' place in the loss to Clemson, just the second time he had played center in a college game.
Dismukes returns from a one-game suspension in time for Auburn to open Southeastern Conference play, trying to avoid an 0-2 start.
The Lee County's sheriff's office said that the starter was released on a $300 bond after his arrest early in the morning of Saturday, Aug. 25. It did not offer further details.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in